Located at the Attimore Barn Scout Headquarters, Ridgeway, Welwyn Garden City, the building offers the children a large, versatile, indoor space and a safe, secure outdoor area, where they will learn and develop through play.
Facilities also include a clean, practical kitchen which is separate from the main hall and child-friendly, accessible toilets. Meeting the individual needs of all children in our care lies at the heart of Attimore Barn Pre-School’s ethos; we have, therefore, ensured that all appropriate areas can be fully accessed by all children including those with disabilities and/or other special needs.
We are fully committed to providing a quality, continuously improving setting, which means:
- providing a safe and stimulating physical environment
- providing challenging and appropriate play-based opportunities and activities, reflecting individual needs
- providing well-qualified & experienced staff, including training opportunities for their continuing professional development
- providing a wide range of resources, catering for all ability levels
- having processes for taking account of parents’ and children’s views
- offering integrated practice; working with other services such as the local Children’s Centre, early years’ professionals and relevant Health Services
- sharing best practice with other settings and early years workers
- self-evaluation against quality criteria that drives improvement between Ofsted inspections
We are registered with Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) and are regularly inspected by them to ensure our provision meets the learning and development requirements, and complies with the welfare regulations, as required by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework.
Our registration number is EY401168. We are an outstanding setting (Ofsted 2010 & 2014) in all areas. View our latest Inspection Report.
We are also working towards the HQS (Herts Quality Standards), a quality improvement scheme for providers of early education and childcare in Hertfordshire.
We are members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance (PSLA) and are covered by their comprehensive insurance scheme which is underwritten by Royal Sun & Alliance plc. This includes Employers Liability Insurance up to £10m and Public Liability insurance up to £5m.
Both insurance certificates are displayed on our notice board. The PSLA also help to keep us up-to-date with best practice and the latest thinking within the early years’ sector.